Monday 9 July 2007

Where Aaaaaaaaam I???


I am sitting in a computer lab at King's College, London, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom, Europe, Planet Earth and have just created this blog! Those of you who know me (and who else would be reading this?) are properly impressed, I'm sure. :) I personally am properly impressed.

This is Day 3 of "Ms. Nancy Goes to Europe", and so far, so good. I am sooo amazed to be here. There are so many things to REMEMBER, and so far, I have only lost my sunglasses. Of course I have done a couple of dumb "mature person" things which I will not post here, but I have also been able to purchase with pounds, buy an oyster (a tube pass), eat fish and chips while strolling through London, order food and recieve what I ordered (notice there are a number of food connections), enjoy Bernard Shaw's "Saint Joan" at The National Theatre, strolled along The Thames, and made it to my first class on time this morning.

This afternoon we will drift down the Thames River while being entertained by a very personable professor. Tuesday, we go to Stratford on the Avon to tour and view Macbeth. I just learned we won't be back to London until 1 a.m. Wednesday. This will certainly be a challenge for me. I, of course, plan to doze on the coach, but some of you know my secret challenge with dozing in public. :) And my classmates will soon find out!

The diversity of London fascinates me. I think of our Zachary Library as having a nice amount of diversity, but of course it all depends on your perspective. This amount of diversity definitely reminds me of how different God made us all and how we all choose to use what we have been given.

This class is ending so I must close for now, and find some lunch before we hit the river.

I can be reached at nezloc@yahoo.com and nancy.lockett@yahoo.com . Y'all keep in touchh too.

Take care; I miss you all, but am so pleased to be here.
More later!

No comments: